Sunday, May 11, 2008

Interwoven Slit Concertina






This is the next class I'm teaching at Stampin'Cat. It's something I saw in this book, and just fell in love with. It's not hard--but it's not easy either!

The quote is by Anna Quindlen (and one of my favorites),

"I walked for miles at night along the beach, composing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me."

I think she's talking about searching for a romantical-type partner. What I love about this quote is the bold reminder that we can take care of ourselves. We Captain our own Ships; we control our outcomes. This quote is so powerful for me, it's like a thump in my chest. If I want to change something in my life, I have the power to do it.

Happy Mother's Day (!) to all the Mother's out there. I hope your day was wonderful!

Specs: The cardstock is a shimmered cardstock from Paper Accents. The stamp is by Judikins (Mod Garden); the white pen is by Ranger. The handwriting is my own.

2 comments:

jillconyers said...

Dianne I love the quote! Adding it to my Rotating Memories ATC holder. I'm a big fan of Anna Quindlen's writing.

Hope you had a wonderful memory filled mothers day!

JenO said...

I love the quote, too! I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but it is certainly a keeper!