One of my self-portraits this year. (SOOC--straight out of camera, no post-processing). Happy Birthday to me!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Under each flap, I journaled a bit about each one.
Questions? Just leave a comment!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
The idea behind this prompt is to think about your forks in the road. Did you not marry the person you first thought you would marry? Did you have a specific thought about your career when you were in High School that just didn't happen? It's not meant to be a big downer, but rather an affirmation of the choices you did make. And a specific list of the things that at one time were on your smorgasbord of life.
In my book I have these ideas:
- I didn't marry my high school boyfriend. We dated a long time, and talked about it some--it was always something that I felt hung in the air around us. We stayed in touch for a few years after high school (We wrote regularly during our first year of college at different schools, and for two more years while he served a church mission in South Korea, but didn't end up together. When he came home from his mission, I had just started dating my husband. I could have pursued that relationship when he got back to the states, but I didn't. That for me was a choice I Didn't make.
- I didn't pursue a career singing on Broadway or in Opera. At one time, I really wanted this. I wanted to have a family more. Another choice I Didn't Make.
- In High School, I had decided that I was going to become a Research Scientist in the field of Genetics. After finishing my B.S in Biology w/a genetics emphasis, and working in a couple of on-campus Genetics Research Labs as a lab grunt, I realized that was not the life for me. This was another choice I Didn't Make.
I also wrote that I wished I had traveled more when I was single, and given myself a chance to study abroad or something like that, and that I'd wished I'd avoided all the credit cards that are thrown at college students.
Does that help? Please leave me a comment and let me know.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
What are yours?
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Mine would be:
- Clothes from my closet. It's been said that we wear 20% of our wardrobe 80% of the time. I've been trying for the past few years to change those numbers and only have pieces in my wardrobe that I actually wear. If I've worn it even once the past year, it has a chance of staying around. I have a bunch of things that I know I haven't worn, or don't make me feel happy or good when I wear them. They are OUT!
- Old scrapbook supplies. I look at my stuff (and while it's not as much as some, it is more than others) and I'm kinda disgusted with all the things I have around here that I haven't used or don't use. I've purged twice this year already, but I'd do it again. Trying to follow the same principle as number 2.
- I'd go through my boys clothes and do another purge. C is our last child, so it doesn't make sense to keep any of his outgrown stuff.
I'd like to add that the 5 years we've lived here are the longest I've had an address my entire life. Usually we've been forced to purge. Now I have stuff that we've moved in to this house that we haven't touched the entire time we've lived here, or that is still packed from a couple of moves earlier. Those need to go as well.
Good prompt! Now to pass it on to you! Leave a comment and tell me what you would donate to charity.
20/30: And a shot of some of my favorite inspirations
Monday, April 21, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Once your square are all glued on (I don't have mine in this next photo) glue the waterfall section to your base strip (the top half, not the bottom part that you will pull on)
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Once again, I decorated/embellished my page with my Crafter's Workshop templates and my Uniball-Signo white pen. I also used flocked paper on purpose for my wheel; I wanted something tactile for this interactive element.
That's all for today! Enjoy!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Next, using cut out the title section from your Typography Graphic pdf. This is about 4 inches by 5 inches. Decorate it if you wish (I used my Dots and Circles Template from Crafter's Workshop; I also used the Dots all Around Template in this album, but I don't think I used it on the front page). Ink the edges of your graphic to help it stand out a bit. Embellish the whole page as desired (I used chipboard coasters to carry on my circle theme).
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
BTW: If you have niggley computer issues, go to my hubby's new blog and leave a comment and ask. He'll be glad to help you out!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
This is probably very confusing with out the pictures. Just trust me. I'll get the pics tomorrow (Thursday) morning for you and it will all be crystal clear!
Keep up the good work!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Now for a funny: The computer-animated "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie is very popular among the 4 and 5 year olds in my classroom. Overheard today:
...Um, maybe you need to get outside a bit more kid. Turn off the movie and just go outside.