Friday, January 21, 2011

Been Scrappin'

This weekend (and last weekend) I spent some time with my first hobby love: Scrapbooking. Last weekend, I went to one of the regular retreats hosted by my beloved ScrapDivas (a yahoo group that I've been a part of now for nearly 8 years). As someone who moved all the time growing up, it's lovely to have a group of friends that has been a part of my life for eight years. (To give you some perspective on the moving: we've lived in our house here in Albany for almost 9 years and that's the longest I've had an address in my entire life). I really enjoy the recharge I get from hanging out w/these ladies. This weekend, I'm spending the entire weekend scrapping w/one of my good friends as a way to celebrate her birthday. It's going to be great!

I'm contemplating taking apart and reorganizing my albums. A few years ago, I thought it would make sense to separate each kids' activities and scrapbooking layouts into their individual albums. I haven' really kept up with that, so now I think I want to re-incorporate those layouts into my big family chronological albums. Anyone else do a complete album reorganization? Was it worth the hassle?

Derby Progress:  I went to my first practice in well over a week. I was sick on Monday, and out of town scrapbooking (plus practices were canceled due to slippery floors in our warehouse practice space) so I was a little apprehensive and worried I would have lost a lot. Not so much! It was a great practice. I slept better, woke up better and feel better than I have in about a week. I feel like I can really do a t-stop now; I just need to keep practicing to make it better and more consistent. I also might not be the slowest in the group (for awhile at least) since we had a bunch of new girls join this week. I do need to push myself more; I tend to give myself permission to take a rest or go slower, and I need to change this mental attitude. I have to admit that at this time, I don't really have the fire for competitive derby--I want to learn derby skills, and I'm hoping that the goal of a Sick Town recreational league will someday be a reality. Maybe this will change--I don't know. I DO know that I LOVE this, and that I want to be better every time I go to practice.

current family picture...love these guys!

3 comments:

Krystal L. said...

The Divas Rock!!!

'Nuff Said.


The Former GI Diva
Krystal

Anonymous said...

Joel looks so much older... YOU look just the same! (can't believe it's been 21 years since I met you guys at school / church)
big hugs and yay you!
Kari Palmer

LemonadeStand said...

Hey, Sister Diva! I have become a follower of your postings today. I am thrilled that you have a new passion in your life that brings so much joy. Many continued blessing on you, J and the kids!

Melanie