Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's finished (forty before forty)

actual unretouched photo
Here it is. The List. Some I've started (there's only 52 weeks in a year, so I need to do a task about once every 10 days or so, I figure...or double them up!)
forty before forty
1. sing karaoke
2. go to a movie all by myself
3. go away for a short weekend trip all by myself
4. run a 5k
5. participate in a “relay for life” or walk for some other cause
6. lose 40 pounds
7. work to join a professional level choir
8. create the habit of exercising daily
9. read five non-fiction books
10. finish the rough draft of my novel
11. reorganize my craft space and purge at least a third of my stash
12. enter my photography into a local contest
13. explore the local photography group and attend one meeting
14. visit the Oregon coast at least 5 times
15. have regular one-on-one “dates” with each of my children (I’m thinking quarterly at least)
16. put more things in my etsy shop
17. create the London scrapbook I was supposed to give my SIL for Christmas of 2008
18. purge my closet and only wear clothes that make me look good and feel happy and are in good repair
19. keep my desk clean for a week
20. make time for being spiritually fed on a daily or at least weekly basis (read my scriptures regularly)
21. color my hair again just for fun
22. get a pedicure (for the first time!)
23. go on a photo-taking walk around my house (Nebergall Loop)
24. go without processed sugary foods for a week
25. go without caffeinated sodas for a week
26. walk 10,000 steps in one day
27. donate my hair to locks of love
28. get all of my health check-ups up to date
29. revamp my living room
30. sew something for each of my children
31. go on a short outdoor hike
32. get all excess clutter out of my bedroom—make it a sanctuary
33. see one tourist site in Oregon I’ve never visited in the 20+ years I’ve lived here
34. learn to play 20 new hymns from the hymnbook on the piano
35. take one personal enrichment class through the local parks & rec or community college
36. write a new poem
37. finish the “no ordinary stories” coffee table book that’s floating around in my head
38. get a professional massage
39. go see a live play or musical, performed at least on the community theater level (no middle or high school performances)
40.watch the sun set into the Pacific Ocean

5 comments:

Allanna said...

For a GREAT non-fiction book (seriously, her writing style is EXCELLENT) if you like giraffes:
Tall Blondes by Lynn Sherr.

And if you want a book with TONS of recommendations, go for Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust" and "More Book Lust." (I have the first one, so you could borrow it from me if you want.) ... She also has "Book Crush," which is more for J-YA literature. There are some great books that she recommends in there. ^_^

If you have a particular area of non-fiction that you're interested in a book recommendation, totally hit me up. ^_^ I might know of a good one. ^_^ Maybe.

Alison said...

WOW (forty times)!

What a great list. Keep us updated on your progress. You are an inspiration :-)
I'm going to start compiling a list myself. Of course, there are MANY, MANY, MANY years before I will reach 40 :-)

Unknown said...

Great list! You have to post when you mark things off and let us know how it affects you; liked it, or not? You know. And if you want someone to go get a pedicure with you, I will make that sacrifice (SMILE!) You got me thinking. You always do! (HUGS!)

jillconyers said...

I saws this on FB and now I want a before list :)

Janet said...

Great list! Way to go. I think you should combine the clean desk with the vacation :). Good luck!