Monday, June 8, 2009

#24 on the forty before forty list

This week, I am tackling #24--avoid sugar for a week. So far so good! I made a batch of brownies Saturday night because I wanted a brownie before it started. Well, my resolve was sure tested by that 2/3 pan of brownies on Sunday afternoon! Luckily, my kids took care of that problem for me. I also started on one of my favorite holidays--National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! (good thing it was fast sunday--where we fast for two meals and donate that money to help others less fortunate than ourselves). I'll be twittering and facebooking the minutiae of this challenge if anyone is interested in following along. I can always use cheerleaders!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Way to gooo! Raw Raw Raw!!! I am your cheerleader! Hey, I'll do it too. No sugar this week for me. At least I'll "try". I am starting a day late, but oh well, it's not my list. I am just doing it to support you and to be able to validate you when you say how hard it was, then I can say, "YES IT WAS HARD, now lets go get some ice cream!" HAHAHAHA!!! Who knows maybe we'll suprise ourselves and it will be a piece of cake...did somebody say "cake"? Uh oh!

Katie T. said...

Go You! I don't think this fondant recipe will help your cause, but for next week:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm
is where I got my directions and recipe. Its a nice detailed explanation, but it is a really easy process after doing it once. One batch was enough to do the Cars cake.

Janet said...

Congratulations! You can totally do this. The key is finding something else to enjoy so you don't feel deprived. Good Luck!

Melanie said...

I forget where you said it, but you mentioned chewing gum right after you eat. GREAT idea, that saves a lot of extra calories. I've been doing it for a couple weeks now. That's so smart-- all the nutrition things I've read over the years never mentioned that!