Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Carry Your Heart Part One Half

First, you need to print out the copy of the poem. I'd print it out on a cream colored cardstock. This is an important part of the faux handwriting technique that I'll explain later.

I'll post pictures tomorrow. The first thing you want to do is notice that I've put a link to the .pdf of the handout I used when I taught this class at Stampin'Cat on the side of my blog. There's a .pdf there for the previous class I taught on this blog, "A Little Bit Me" (tag: ALBM). Those will help you as well. I still plan to post step-by-step pictures, but haven't quite gotten my act together yet. I wanted to get you started, however.

So: First Steps. Ink one side and the edges of your coaster with your Distress Inks (or other inkpad). I used the Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Vintage Photo. We don't want any white edges to show. If your coasters are another color, you might want to skip this step. Just choose coordinating patterned paper.

I'll tag these blog class posts with this tag: ICYH. That way, you can go to the "labels" section and see all the posts at on time if you need to. Questions? Leave a comment.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Allanna said...

I <3 e. e. cummings.

Doublegood choice of poetry! ^_^
I knew I liked your taste!