Friday, July 25, 2008

My Momma's Gone

(picture taken at H's pinewood derby. One regret I have is that I didn't get my parents to sit for a better picture.)
Today, early this morning (at "o-dark thirty" as my Dad would say) my parents embarked on their move BACK to the Kansas City Missouri area. They were here by me for just over a year. I'm kinda sad to let them go. At the same time, I know that they loved living in that area when they lived there before (they are moving back to the same suburb even) and I'm really proud of my Dad. He works for Comcast selling commercial internet services and such. He's pretty good at it. So good that Comcast wanted him to come to the KC area to start up the same kind of sales there. It'll be a good thing overall, but today, I'm kinda sad that my Mom is gone, and that we didn't have enough time to do all the things we talked about doing when they moved here last May. I don't really have regrets about much--we did a lot while we could. We just ran out of time.
Maybe we'll go to Missouri for Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to see you for Christmas!! Come! Come!

Kimberly

jillconyers said...

no regrets for the time you didn't have. just wonderful memories of the time you had together. how's that for words of wisdom lol

Christmas will be here before you know it :)

Julie said...

I've known you since you were in University Ward but I never have seen your parents before! That was a good post. It's important to remember where we came from in order to understand how we got to where we are! You are a great person. In case you are wondering how I found you- you wrote on Sara Ditto's blog in the comments section and I decided to drop by your blog. I'll add a link to yours on mine. Take care! Julie (Tucker) Hoyer