Saturday, November 8, 2008

Alcohol Ink Magnetic Advent Calendar

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this turned out! This is one of my November classes for Stampin'Cat. I wanted to make a magnetic Advent Calendar for some time; I had a clear vision in my head how I wanted it to turn out. It took longer than I thought it would though! I used Alcohol Inks to change the color of the tin, and some other products from Making Memories, Paper Accents and so on. I used the Slot Punch attachment set for the Making Memories Instant Setter to make the flaps on the folded pieces.

Products:

This is a Service Advent Calendar. The inserts all involve things to do--some for other people ("Put money in a bell-ringer's jar") Some for yourself ("Kiss under the mistletoe"). I'll have the formatted squares in the Downloadable section of the blog in case you want to make your own. I was really thrilled with how it all went together!

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

What a fun project! I love it!!

Bridgett Owens said...

Just wanted to let you know that I did post a link for the Never Ending Card on my blog. Just click on the word "inspiration" for a written tutorial or "direction" for a video tutorial. I'd love to see yours when you make one. They aren't very hard and I just had a class at our LSS to teach how to make them. They are fun!

Katt Adams said...

I just wanted to let you know that your calendar is gorgeous but most of all I LOVE the idea to use this to serve others! What a great way to really teach the true meaning of Christmas! Thank you!

Allanna said...

Very cute!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! I love how great it looks and I love the service part! I want to come over and take a closer look!

Katie T. said...

Hi Dianne! I love your blog. So much to see and do! It was great meeting you today and I look forward to doing crafty things with you!

jillconyers said...

What a cool idea! I love playing with alcohol inks. This year the advent calendar is ds's project. Maybe he would like to use the alcohol inks if they would work on a cookie sheet.
TFS!

Sara Henton said...

Very cool Dianne. Congrats on being featured

detroit airport hotels park and fly said...

Very unusual. I clearly imagine that the particulars granted is strongly related each of us. Keep sharing other great posts.

Elliott Broidy said...

I love it!